Monday, March 26, 2007

Katie Simpson Marries for Love ....

… of Drag Racing!! In a move that hasn’t shocked many 2nd year KFBS students, Katie Simpson admitted that her primary motive for getting engaged this past summer was to be allowed access to her fiancé’s 911 Porsche, “I was just getting so tired of Kyle Woodley ruling Chapel Hill’s underground world of drag racing with his souped up blue Subaru that I had to take action. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Tommy [Katie’s future hubby] is great and I love him and shit … but come on!! People were starting to call Kyle ‘Too Fast, Too Furious’ Woodley. I wanted … no, I needed to break down his street cred to a more acceptable level. With Tommy’s ride, I feel like I can accomplish that goal.”

Another recent entrant to Chapel Hill’s dangerous street racing circuit is Preston Meyer with his Boxster Porsche. When asked to comment on Preston’s Boxster, Woodley and Simpson simultaneously chimed, “Yeah … he’s got himself a cute little car.”

The first race of Chapel Hill’s Drag Racing Circuit is scheduled to take place at an undisclosed time (probably on a Thursday night) in an undisclosed seedy location (probably near Lucy’s). Wherever and whenever it happens, fans of the sport agree that this season is shaping up have one of the most dramatically intense storylines they have ever experienced. The Onyen promises to keep you informed of any updates.

No comments: